WHAT IS REIKI?
- The Japanese word “Reiki” is written with two kanji characters and means Spiritual Energy.
- “Rei” literally means “spiritual or sacred”.
- “Ki” literally means “energy”.
- In the West these two kanji have been translated as “Universal Life Force Energy”.
- This is one of the best-known natural medicine treatments in the world. Its spread has probably been faster and more constant than that of any other discipline currently included under the generic definition of “natural therapies”. It has thus become a discipline that is changing the lives of hundreds of thousands of people worldwide.
- Technically, Reiki is a natural therapy based on channeling the flow of Universal Life Force Energy through the laying on of hands and application of certain symbols in order to facilitate healing processes at the various fundamental levels of the human being and nature.
- It is also known as a very simple, powerful and effective natural healing art/science to treat all types of imbalances.
The benefits to be received from Reiki are many, both in individual therapy and in training as a future “Reiki practitioner”. This discipline is recognized as a comprehensive natural healing method working directly and simultaneously on the physical, emotional, mental, spiritual and energy planes. It can add many benefits to your life, among which are deep relaxation, increased vital energy, consciousness development and release of blocked emotions, in addition to improved attention, concentration and memory. Moreover, it cultivates joy, optimism, contentment, harmony, peace and overall stability, and it is a risk-free treatment that can be taken by anyone, regardless of age or physical condition.